(c) Chaim/Fred '06



Powered by Blogger

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Oh No. We've Angered The Gods.

Michael @ Jewlicious, apparently has a bone to pick with the this jblogosphere blog in his posting "I'm SO Important."

Is it a rant? Is it humor? Who knows?

Who cares!

Jameel.

Advocating Aliya and the JBlogosphere since 1874.

Comments on "Oh No. We've Angered The Gods."

 

Blogger Ezzie said ... (11:32 AM) : 

I got annoyed as well, then I realized it's just better to ignore it. It seems like he was half-sarcastic anyway.

 

Blogger Jameel @ The Muqata said ... (1:24 PM) : 

Ezzie: He claims he was sarcastic...

We have a better title for this posting anyway ;-)

 

Blogger Harry said ... (1:33 PM) : 

Well, I think although his delivery was certainly sarcastic he does make a valid point. There does indeed an aura of self-importance and self-righteousness that seems to permeate the blogosphere in general, one that is not exclusive to the "jblogosphere" but prevelant nonetheless. I've been on the blogging block for a long time and was one of the first ten bloggers out who wrote exclusively about Jewish stuff (in my case, Israel and pop culture). Times have indeed changed...

 

Blogger Oleh Yahshan said ... (2:19 PM) : 

Jameel, you should go and un anger the gods - you don't want to feel their wrath.

btw - Why do you limit the commenting to only Bloggers - what about non-blog people who want to post as well??

 

Blogger Sarah Likes Green said ... (2:19 PM) : 

hrm.

well.

nothing like a bit of controversy!

i'll read it as sarcastic. have a chuckle. not take it too seriously (as i don't take my blog too seriously, it's a bit of fun) and move right along to the other entertaining and informative blogs that talk about real issues.

 

Blogger Jameel @ The Muqata said ... (10:40 PM) : 

OY: You are correct - actually, I thought it was open for anonymous comments.

I'll change it now.

And if you have anything of general interest to shout out here - let us know! Write it up and post it!

Harry: Self-importance? Not my blog. And if you are one of the first 10, then I tip my kippa to you (figureatively speakimg, of course). Wanna post something for this blog? Let us know... I'm sure we'd love to hear from the people who've been around here longer than us.

 

Blogger Soccer Dad said ... (5:54 AM) : 

Self importance? More like a sense of community.
I liked Michael better as Kosher Eucharist.

 

Blogger Jack Steiner said ... (7:49 AM) : 

He is just another monkey rattling his cage.

 

Blogger Chaim said ... (5:14 PM) : 

Harry, I don't think people really take themselves as seriously as Michael "sarcastically" paints it.

I think he mistakes self-importance for being passionate and excited.

PS -you were the second blog I got into, and the first design I wanted to rip off :-)

 

post a comment