(c) Chaim/Fred '06

Monday, May 15, 2006

Some Additions...

I've added the links for all the previous Haveil Havalims and Kosher Cooking Carnivals to the sidebar. More and more stuff will be added as people suggest them, so... go ahead and suggest!

Anyone want to write parts of the history of the J-blogosphere?

Comments on "Some Additions..."

 

Blogger None available said ... (2:37 AM) : 

Wow, glad to have stumbled upon this blog. Not that I'm versed in blog history, but this sure is an interest.

 

Blogger Ezzie said ... (5:11 AM) : 

Neither am I. :)

How did you stumble on it?

 

Blogger Irina Tsukerman said ... (7:26 AM) : 

I think you may want to contact the guys from the first J-blogs, who would have a lot more info on this. Remember the ones you mentioned in your posts? We can also ask bloggers who are still around from "way back then". It would be nice to talk to the guys from Jewlicious and Jewschool for popular influence. And, of course, Esther, about J-dating projects.

 

Blogger Irina Tsukerman said ... (7:29 AM) : 

This would be also a great place for storing the endless, evolving list of blogs. Which actually exists! It's called an awesome list of ortho-blogs and is in my blogroll. (Sorry, don't know how to do links in the comment section). But we could send in new ones every time we find some, if we see something is missing from the list.

 

Blogger Jack Steiner said ... (7:31 AM) : 

In the beginning there were two Jews and three opinions.

 

Blogger Sarah Likes Green said ... (7:35 AM) : 

i was thinking along the same lines as irina.
this could end up quite the megilla!!

 

Blogger Ezzie said ... (7:53 AM) : 

Irina - exactly! :)

I have that link as well, but it's a few months old - which of course means it's horribly outdated. :)

Jack - Only 3?

Sarah - Yes, it could. That's why I do NOT want to do it myself! :)

 

Blogger Sarah Likes Green said ... (9:07 AM) : 

i'm happy to help!
:)

 

Blogger Ezzie said ... (9:24 AM) : 

Thanks!

 

Blogger Jameel @ The Muqata said ... (10:05 AM) : 

Sarah: Yes - thanks! (On behalf of the entire JBlogosphere!) :-)

 

Blogger Oleh Yahshan said ... (7:33 PM) : 

I will add my vote to this whole project.
I am also willing to help where/when I can.

Irina,
great Ideas.

 

Blogger Oleh Yahshan said ... (7:38 PM) : 

Not to take away from Soccer dad - but we can use this as part of HH - or soemthing like it.

 

Blogger FrumGirl said ... (8:03 PM) : 

OOOh this should be incredibly interesting... so what exactly is the goal here... highlighting blogs or ?

 

Blogger Ezzie said ... (9:11 PM) : 

Oleh Yashan - True. I don't think SD will mind at all, considering it simply takes some of the headache off of him. This won't replace HH - it will link to HH, though.

FrumGirl - It's not to highlight specific blogs over others, if that's what you're asking. It's good to highlight blogs that are under the radar, great posts and/or discussions that are out there, etc. - but I don't think that will happen for a while. For now, we'd like to put down the history of the J-blogosphere, how it developed, key discussions, the different types of blogs, etc.

Honestly, it's all still a little unclear - I think it will have to simply develop, and we'll see how that happens. The more people involved, the better.

 

Blogger Irina Tsukerman said ... (10:22 PM) : 

I think it might be a good idea to link Daled Amos's Israel meme's and Jameel's Aliya memes here, as well.

 

Blogger Oleh Yahshan said ... (11:07 PM) : 

ezzie,
I think you are right about the develop idea. I don't think we need to come up with a road map for the site (nothing intended. really!) but rather let it evolve on it's own and see where it get's us -
having said that - this can make a good town square for the j-blog town, a place where we can all meet.

 

Blogger Jameel @ The Muqata said ... (11:49 PM) : 

OY: I snagged this blog 'cause I knew it would come in handy for all of us.

I think documenting the JBlogsphere is a start, posting all HH's here, a description of HH, and a good place for all exciting a new JBlogosphere info to be announced here.

Or not. It should first of all be fun and informative.

Where it goes from there is anyone's guess.

Happy Typo-BaOmer :)

Jameel

 

Blogger bec said ... (8:21 AM) : 

well, you can always count on me. for what? i don't know. but i'm always up for a good count.
seriously, you know where to find me.

 

Blogger FrumGirl said ... (10:53 PM) : 

But what is the purpose of documenting the evolution of the jblogosphere... I mean, its intriguing but can you possibly believe you can get it all down?

 

Blogger Ezzie said ... (1:12 AM) : 

Well, no. We'll get a basic gist, the important topics that were covered, etc. At the same time, perhaps we'll start highlighting really top-notch posts that are out there. (In other words, similar to what I do a few times a week on my own blog, but a bit more globally* and with more selectivity.) Again, we're not sure. We'll have to see how it develops.

* I try to look beyond my blogroll, but even the blogroll always consists of far too many good posts to list all of them. I get beyond it on occasion, but it would be nice if people highlighted the stuff I don't see...

 

Blogger Batya said ... (1:19 AM) : 

I should be in bed; it's a bissel late, but I want to thank you for linking KCC. Please remind everyone to send food links, hint, hint!

But even more important, please, even though you're not Mirty, nor am I, change the colors!

I really can't read small blue font on black. You kiddies may think it snazzy, but I find the graphics torture. So please let me know when it's fixed.

 

post a comment