(c) Chaim/Fred '06



Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

On A Quest To Expand

In my earlier post about expanding Haveil Havalim, I suggested sending links from Jewish blogs in other languages to broaden our outreach efforts. Browsing through the Russian JBlogosphere (mostly Live Journal), I discovered a wealth of thought-provoking and well-written articles dealing with Israel, Jewish issues, and advocacy. The level of discussion in those blogs is incredible, probably because LJ format facilitates responses, as opposed to simply leaving comments to the post. So you see real dialogue going on in the section, dialogue with people of all points of views. Unfortunately, most of the above-mentioned bloggers appear to have no contact with the Jblogosphere that we know.

I, think, however that we can fix that!

1) As an experiment, I sent a link to one advocacy article to Soccer Dad to use in HH this up-coming Sunday. I think we have at least a few Russian-speaking bloggers, who'll be able to understand it.

2) I think it's worth trying to include a whole separate category for Jblogs in other languages into that edition (or any other one)...

3) As for me, I'll try to reach out to Russian Jbloggers and encourage them to join our community and send their post to HH, as well as reading English-language J-blogs. I think both communities only stand to gain from such a venture.

4) However, I'm a relative newcomer to the Russian J-blogosphere. As in, I'm only starting to read Russian Jblogs, and haven't really commented that much. So I would appreciate if any of my readers, who are Russian-speaking and know other members of R-Jblogosphere would help spread the world.

I really think that diversifying our community will elevate the exchange of ideas and teach us all something new... And as always, am looking forward to your feedback!

Comments on "On A Quest To Expand"

 

Anonymous JB Admin said ... (3:35 AM) : 

We'll be happy to add them to our aggregator.

 

Blogger Irina Tsukerman said ... (3:56 AM) : 

Thanks... I think in a few days (possibly even tomorrow ), I'll have a nice sample list.

 

Blogger ~ Sarah ~ said ... (9:02 AM) : 

good idea.

 

Anonymous Klovs said ... (11:17 AM) : 

I use to send one link to the HH, per week. I'll comment the other bloggers (hahah we are only 5 or 6 maybe some more that I don't know) to send some links.

 

Blogger Irina Tsukerman said ... (9:17 PM) : 

Thanks! : )

 

Anonymous the Art of Living said ... (8:54 AM) : 

Hi! I like what you are doing. Maybe we could exchange tips on the Art of Living. You can have a quick look at http://www.wellnessmaster.com so we can exchange ideas.

 

Blogger crazyloko said ... (3:43 AM) : 

This phenomenomChina Wholesale is typified by mobile phonethe rise ofbusiness. Incredible range of products available with “Low Price and High Quality” not only reaches directly to their target clients worldwide but also ensures that cheap cell phones wholesale from China means margins you cannot find elsewhere and cell phonesChina Wholesale will skyroket your profits.cosplay costumes
cheap cell phones
cheap cocktail dresses
Cheap Wedding Dresses
cheap jewelry

 

Blogger crazyloko said ... (3:44 AM) : 

I’m a Wholesale Polo Shirts huge fan of Fiber Gourmet pasta’s; Cheap Ed Hardy clothingthey taste great and Air Max Chaussures are healthy not only for you but your entire family. Polo shirtThere’s really no difference in the taste between thisTn Requin pasta and your standard pasta, Chaussures SportI couldn’t tell the difference, Polo shirtneither could any member of my family including my picky children.Chaussures puma It’s nice to know that even while dieting and watching my calorie intake there Chaussures Nikeis an alternative out there that allows me to eat the pasta I want, Wholesale Polo Shirts
when I want without the guilt.

 

Blogger crazyloko said ... (3:44 AM) : 

Air Jordan Shoes
Wholesale NFL Jerseys
MBT shoes
nike tn requin chaussures
puma chaussures hommes
tn chaussures
nike tn
ed hardy clothing
ed hardy clothing
chaussures tn
Remise Sports Chaussures
tn requin
NFL Jerseys

 

Anonymous wedding dresses said ... (5:28 AM) : 

Thanks for sharing this with all of us. Every girl has her most beautiful moment in the life just when you wear your own wedding dresses in your wedding.You can visit our wedding dress shop.Cheap wedding dresses have good quality. You can find ball gown wedding dresses,mother of the bride dresses,mermaid wedding dresses,flower girl dresses,strapless wedding dresses,a line wedding dresses,plus size wedding dresses,column wedding dresses,beach wedding dresses,empire wedding dresses,tea length wedding dresses,bridesmaid dresses,cocktail dresses,evening dresses,prom dresses your dream. Get your wedding dress in our bridal shop. Finally,I hope you have a happy wedding.

 

post a comment